Here’s a dessert that’s perfect to make for your next get-together or take to your next potluck. It’s sure to be a hit! This dessert is light and fluffy and won’t leave you feeling stuffed. A perfect treat to indulge in after you’re all done with dinner…or when you just want a little taste of sweet 🙂 This is, by far, one of my most favorite versions of my favorite dessert.
Strawberry Shortcake Trifle
1 pre-baked angel food cake, cubed
1 pint of fresh strawberries, sliced
1 pkg. (3.4 oz) French vanilla instant pudding (prepared)
2 (8 oz) tubs of whipped topping
- Cut or tear apart the angel food cake into small chunks/cubes and set aside.
- Wash and slice your strawberries and set aside.
- Prepare the pudding according to package directions and set aside in the fridge to set for about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove pudding from fridge and mix with 1 (80z.) tub of whipped topping and set aside.
- Place half of the angel food cake cubes/chunks in the bottom of a trifle dish. Top with half of the sliced strawberries and top that with half of the pudding/whipped topping mixture.
- Repeat the layering process. Cake…strawberries…pudding/whipped topping. Top it all off with a generous helping of whipped topping.
- * You could sub the angel food cake for pound cake or white cake, but both would change the flavor profile and I’m certain both would be excellent.
- * Instead of the french vanilla pudding, consider adding lemon instead. The lemon/strawberry combo is delicious.
Simplify Your Teaching
Join our community for tips, tricks, and resources to help you simplify your teaching!