Here’s a go-to recipe that’s easy to prep, leaves behind a minimal mess, and is delicious to boot. A family favorite for sure. This is a no-brainer to throw into the rotation on a busy week and is packed full of flavor. You’ll be glad you added this one to your menu!
Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
4 green bell peppers, hollowed out and seeded
1 TBSP olive oil
1 large yellow onion, sliced
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 1/2 C chopped baby Bella mushrooms (or 2 cans of sliced mushrooms)
1-2 packages of roast beef deli meat
1 C. beef broth
Montreal steak seasoning, to taste
8 slices of mozzarella or provolone cheese
- Cut off the top of each pepper and hollow out/seed the insides. Place in an 8×8 baking dish.
- Place 1 slice of cheese inside the bottom of each pepper (mozzarella or provolone). Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, add olive oil and garlic and sauce for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the sliced onions and chopped mushrooms to the skillet and sauce for 5-10 minutes or until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Slice the roast beef into bite-sized pieces and add to the onion/mushroom/garlic mixture.
- Add the beef broth, stir, and bring to a boil.
- Add spices (Montreal steak seasoning or salt & pepper)
- Cook on medium heat until liquid is evaporated and then remove from heat.
- Stuff each pepper full of the roast beef mixture and top each with a slice of cheese.
- Spray one side of a piece of aluminum foil with PAM and cover the peppers before placing in the oven.
- Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes or until peppers are soft.
Simplify Your Teaching
Join our community for tips, tricks, and resources to help you simplify your teaching!