Here’s a cake that isn’t lacking in calories, but I can promise you that the caloric intake is definitely worth it. I served this candy topped dessert in honor of the sweet holiday we just celebrated and there wasn’t a crumb left in the pan by the end of the night. This was a frightfully delightful dessert and a new family…and friend…favorite. And ridiculously easy to make, too. If you have any leftover Reese’s hangin’ around, you NEED to make this asap! This was one of the most decadent desserts my taste buds have ever enjoyed. It was the perfect combination of chocolate, peanut butter, and everything else 🙂 Like I said earlier, this was worth every little calorie I consumed and there wasn’t a bite left in the pan when the night came to an end. The perfect addition to our holiday buffet. Can’t wait to serve this again!
Recipe via Six Sister’s Stuff
Reese’s Peanut Butter Poke Cake
1 box chocolate cake mix
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
1 C. creamy peanut butter
12 oz. Cool Whip, divided
12 oz. hot fudge, divided
8-10 Reese’s peanut butter cups, crumbled
To prep this decadent dessert, you’ll need to bake your cake according to the directions on the box. Bake in a 9×13 baking dish. When it’s baked and ready, remove from oven and immediately poke all over with a fork.
While the cake is still warm, heat up the hot fudge in the microwave and pour about 3/4 over the poked cake so that it all soaks in.
- Set aside for about 20-25 minutes and allow cake to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk.
- Now add the peanut butter and mix until combined.
- And finally, add half of the cool whip and mix until smooth.
- Now spread the peanut butter mixture on top of the cake.
- Top with the remainder of the Cool Whip and hot fudge and crumble the Reese’s peanut butter cups on top of that to finish it all off.
- ***Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Simplify Your Teaching
Join our community for tips, tricks, and resources to help you simplify your teaching!