This meal right here couldn’t be easier. Minimal prep time is involved which is always a bonus. In all honesty, I found this recipe and thought is might be a little bland so I’d have to tweak it and add a few things here and there, but I was SO very wrong. I could eat pasta every night of the week, but my husband has never been a huge fan. Not only did he rave about the meal as he was eating, but he took it to work for leftovers the next day and that says A LOT because that sweet man is not a leftover kinda guy (saves more for me!! ;))
Chicken Fajita Penne
2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cubed or sliced)
2 TBSP olive oil
1 yellow onion, peeled & sliced
1 orange, yellow, & red bell pepper – sliced
1 box (1 lb) penne pasta
2 TBSP. chicken fajita seasoning
1/2 C. + 2 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, and return to pot. Set aside.
- Slice onion, bell peppers, and chicken
- Add two tablespoons of olive oil to a large pan and heat on medium/high heat. Add in chicken and stir to coat in oil. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the fajita seasoning into the pan and stir to coat again. Cook for about 6-7 minutes or until chicken is pretty much cooked through.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, toss in the onion and bell peppers. Stir to combine and reduce the heat to medium. Cover with a lid and heat through until the onion and bell peppers are soft.
- Once the onions and bell peppers are soft, add in the heavy cream, cooked pasta, and the remaining tablespoon of fajita seasoning. Stir to combine and cook on low until the cream is heated through.
- Serve and enjoy!
- This pasta is delicious topped with shredded parmesan, but a Mexican cheese blend would be delicious as well.
- Other toppings that would be excellent – avocado, pico de Gallo
Simplify Your Teaching
Join our community for tips, tricks, and resources to help you simplify your teaching!