This recipe was first shared with me about 15 years ago by my dear friend, Dena. Our boys were in playgroup together and when us moms weren’t chasing our boys, we were swapping recipes 🙂 An incredibly easy, full of flavor kind of meal.
Swiss Chicken Bundles
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 (4 oz) can sliced mushrooms
1 1/2 tsp butter
1 garlic clove, minced
2 chicken breasts, cooked + cubed
1/2 C. sweet roasted red pepper, chopped
1 TBSP honey mustard dressing
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
2 C. shredded Swiss cheese
12 frozen bread dough dinner rolls, thawed (we use Rhode’s brand white dinner rolls)
2 TBSP butter, melted
- Set out rolls to thaw, according to package directions
- Once thawed, Press each roll into a 5 inch circle on a greased baking sheet
- In a large skillet, saute onion & mushrooms in 1 1/2 tsp. of butter until tender. Then toss in the garlic and saute for a minute longer.
- Add cooked chicken, peppers, mustard, and dry seasonings. Stir to mix well and heat through. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese until melted.
- Place the chicken mix in the center of the dough circles making sure to leave room around the edges.
- Now take the remaining dough circles, place on top of the chicken mix, and press the edges with a fork to seal.
- Brush the tops of each bundle with melted butter.
- Bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
Simplify Your Teaching
Join our community for tips, tricks, and resources to help you simplify your teaching!