I remember my grandma and grandpa picking me up from school sometimes and it seems like we’d always head to Shipleys Donuts for an afternoon eclair. Be still my heart. Shipleys has the BEST eclairs (if you’re from Houston, you know exactly what I mean). It wasn’t too long ago that I went to a family party and someone delighted the crowd with an eclair cake. Took me back to those after school dates to Shipleys with my grandparents. Of course, I had to grab the recipe so that I could have those edible memories at my fingertips whenever I wanted. While this is no Shipleys eclair, it sure is amazing. A definite crowd pleaser for sure!!!
1 box of honey graham crackers
2 (3.4 oz.) pkgs. instant French vanilla pudding
3.5 C. milk
1 (8 oz.) container Cool Whip, thawed
1.5 C. powdered sugar
1/2 C. unsweetened cocoa
3 TBSP. butter, softened
1.3 C. milk
2 tsp. light corn syrup
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Grab you a 9×13 baking dish and lightly coat with a non-stick cooking spray of your choice. Line the bottom of your baking dish with a layer of graham crackers.
- In a small bowl, use a handheld mixer to combine together the milk and pudding packages.
- Once the pudding mix is combined, fold in the Cool Whip until combined.
- Divide the pudding/Cool Whip mixture and spread half over top of the layer of graham crackers.
- Now place another layer of the graham crackers on top of the pudding/cool whip layer.
- Spread the other half of the pudding/cool whip mixture on top of the graham cracker layer.
- Now cover the pudding/cool whip with a final layer of graham crackers and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar and cocoa. Add the softened butter and milk and mix well until combined. Finally, add corn syrup and vanilla and stir until the mixture is creamy.
- Evenly spread the frosting over the top of the final layer of graham crackers. Cover and refrigerate 24 hours before serving.
Simplify Your Teaching
Join our community for tips, tricks, and resources to help you simplify your teaching!