I found this little recipe yesterday and was so excited! Sounded right up my alley and too easy to pass up. This is a great little spin on the tried and true puppy chow. Completely irresistible and easy to make. Whip up a batch to munch on this weekend and I promise you won’t have a bite left. The perfect little treat for your sweetheart(s) 🙂
I made a HUGE batch since I was taking it up to school for the teachers, so that’s what the measurements reflect below. Check out Mom Fabulous for the measurements of the smaller batch.
13 C. Rice Chex Cereal (divided in half)
12 oz. vanilla almond bark (this is equal to 6 squares)
3/4 C. creamy peanut butter
3/4 C. powdered (confectioner’s) sugar
1 bag of red/white/pink M&Ms
- Divide the cereal in half…6 1/2 cups in a large bowl and 6 1/2 cups in a large ziplock baggie.
- Melt the almond bark in the microwave. I melted mine in 90 second intervals in a large glass bowl. It took about 180 seconds to melt through.
- Stir melted almond bark until smooth and add in 3/4 cups of creamy peanut butter. Stir until combined. The peanut butter will melt as you stir.
- Pour the peanut butter/almond bark mixture over the cereal in the large bowl and mix until the cereal is pretty evenly coated. Pour out evenly onto a few pieces of wax paper and set aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Add 3/4 cups of powdered sugar to the baggie of cereal, zip it up, and give it a good shake to coat. Keep inside baggie until the other half of the cereal is ready.
- After the 15-20 minute mark ,return the cereal on the wax paper back into the large bowl and toss in the powdered sugar cereal, too. Mix well to combine and add the bag of M&Ms. Toss to mix it all up and enjoy!
Simplify Your Teaching
Join our community for tips, tricks, and resources to help you simplify your teaching!