I’m all about a weeknight meal that’s easy to prep and takes minimal effort. This one is all that and then some. And perfect for making if you’re entertaining, participating in a meal train, or taking dinner to someone. Absolutely delicious!
Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas
1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 (28 oz.) can green enchilada sauce
1 (12 oz) can black beans, drained & rinsed
2 cups cooked rice (or 1 boil in a bag)
1-2 C. shredded monterrey/colby cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Boil rice according to package directions and shred chicken.
- In a medium bowl, mix together shredded chicken, cream cheese, and 2 cups of green enchilada sauce.
- Pour 1/2 C. of green enchilada sauce into a 9×13 baking dish and spread along bottom until evenly coated.
- Put a layer of cooked rice into a tortilla and top with a layer of black beans.
- Top the rice and beans with a layer of the cream cheese chicken mixture, and roll the tortilla to close. Place into the baking dish on top of the enchilada sauce, seam side down. Repeat until pan is full.
- Top the enchiladas with the remainder of the enchilada sauce. Spread evenly over each one.
- Sprinkle an even layer of cheese over the enchiladas and cover baking dish with foil.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes. Remove foil from baking dish and place back into oven under the broiler for about 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is completely melted and slightly brown.
- Remove from oven, serve, and enjoy!
- The cream cheese/chicken/enchilada sauce mixture is great served over white, brown, or cauliflower rice without the tortilla!
Simplify Your Teaching
Join our community for tips, tricks, and resources to help you simplify your teaching!