There’s nothing better than a sweet and salty combo and these “candy” crackers are the perfect treat. My grandma used to make these quite often for family get togethers and without fail each and every time, there would never be any left at the end of the day. Easy and delicious…now that’s a winning combo!
Cracker Crunch Candy
1 sleeve of Saltine crackers (and maybe half of another sleeve, depending on the size of your pan)
1 C. (2 sticks) of butter (salted or unsalted)
1 C. + 2 TBSP firmly packed light brown sugar
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS
slivered almonds or pecans
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with a non-stick cooking spray. Fill sheet with saltine crackers, side by side.
- Melt two sticks of butter on medium heat in a saucepan.
- Add in the brown sugar, stir well, and bring to a boil. Heat/boil for about 3 minutes and be sure to stir frequently to avoid burning or sticking to the saucepan.
- Remove the brown sugar/butter mixture from the heat, pour on top of the crackers, and spread evenly across each one so that all crackers are covered in this sweet, gooey goodness.
- Bake at 350 for 5 minutes and remove from oven.
- Pour a bag of semi-sweet morsels on top of the crackers and cover the pan with another sheet of foil. Let that sit for about 3ish minutes and remove foil. This allows time for the chocolate to melt so that you can spread it evenly over the sheet of crackers using a spatula.
- OPTIONAL – Add toffee chips and sliced almonds to the top of the melted chocolate
- Place the pan of crackers in the refrigerator for 20+ minutes (or until set & hardened).
- Once the chocolate is nice and firm, remove the pan from the fridge and break the crackers into small pieces for serving.
Simplify Your Teaching
Join our community for tips, tricks, and resources to help you simplify your teaching!