If there’s one dessert that you need to keep on rotation in the warm months ahead, this one should be it! I’ve made this for several occasions and there’s never a bite left when it was all said and done. So amazingly delicious!
Sour Cream Coconut Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
1 pkg. white cake mix
1 (15 oz.) can of cream of coconut
1 C. sour cream
1/2 C. vegetable oil
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 (16 oz.) pkg. confectioner’s sugar
1/2 C. (1 stick) butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 (7 oz) pkg. sweetened coconut flakes (for topping only)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, cream of coconut, sour cream, vegetable oil, and eggs. Mix until combined and well blended.
- Once combined, spoon mixture into a greased & floured 9×13 inch cake pan.
- Bake on 350 for 45-55 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, whip up the cream cheese frosting.
Just combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and beat until well blended.
- Once the cake cools, spread the cream cheese frosting generously over the top. Sprinkle the sweetened flaked coconut over the top of the frosting, slice, and enjoy!
- I don’t recommend baking this cake in round pans as pictured. This is a crumbly cake and that experiment was a mess! Stick with that 9×13!
Simplify Your Teaching
Join our community for tips, tricks, and resources to help you simplify your teaching!