My grandma passed along the MOST DELICIOUS fiesta corn recipe to me a few months ago and I couldn’t wait to try it. I’m not a fan of the fiesta corn in a can…maybe the only kind of corn I don’t like…but this one sounded too good to pass up. I mean, how can you go wrong when bacon is part of the recipe?! Needless to say, this was a HIT. There was hardly a bite left when it was all said and done. This is definitely a go-to side dish now. Perfect for dinner at home or for entertaining a crowd. It would definitely be the hit of the party!
Fiesta Creamed Corn
1/2 lb. bacon, cooked & crumbled
5 C. frozen corn, thawed
1 red & yellow bell pepper, diced
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/2 C. half & half
1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles
2 tsp. granulated sugar
1 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
- Add bacon strips to the stockpot and cook over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon, crumble, and set aside. Don’t drain the bacon grease/drippings.
- Add the corn and peppers to the stockpot (with grease/drippings)
- Sauce the corn and peppers in the bacon grease for about 5-6 minutes or until soft and tender.
- Stir in the cream cheese, half & half, green chiles, sugar, pepper, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Heat mixture on stovetop until boiling and reduce to medium heat.
- Add in crumbled bacon and stir to combine.
- Keep on heat for 8-10 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and enjoy.
Simplify Your Teaching
Join our community for tips, tricks, and resources to help you simplify your teaching!