Here’s a little something sweet that’s easy to make, but tastes like you slaved over it for hours. If you’re a fan of chocolate and toffee, here’s your fix. Great for potlucks or get togethers. You won’t be disappointed!
Chocolate Toffee Bars
1 & 1/2 sticks salted butter, softened
3/4 C. light brown sugar
1.5 C. all-purpose flour
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
2 TBSP butter
1 (16 oz) bag milk chocolate chips
1-2 C. toffee bits
- Preheat your oven to 350 and lightly grease a 9×13 pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the softened butter, brown sugar, and flour. This will make your crust, so expect your dough to be a bit crumbly in appearance. Transfer the dough to the greased 9×13 pan and press evenly to the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the crust is golden and then remove from oven. Make sure to keep the oven on because you’ll need it again!
- In a small saucepan, heat the sweetened condensed milk and the 2 tablespoons of butter on med/low heat for about 5-10 minutes…just long enough to thicken up the mixture. Pour that on top of the cooled crust and spread evenly over the top. Return to the oven for an additional 12-15 minutes (or until it is lightly golden).
- Remove from oven and evenly spread chocolate chips on top. Then go ahead and return back to the oven for about 2-3 minutes. This will soften up the chocolate chips and make them spreadable.
- Remove from oven, spread the chocolate chips, and top with toffee bits…as much or little as you prefer.
- Cool to room temperature and cut into bars. ENJOY!
Simplify Your Teaching
Join our community for tips, tricks, and resources to help you simplify your teaching!