I’m always looking for a healthier spin on some of my favorite flavors and when I found this cleaner version of a college favorite, I had to try it out. Now this has become my go-to buffalo chicken recipe. It is remarkably delicious, and pretty much guilt-free, too!! Win, win! In all honesty, I thought this recipe would be pretty good, but I didn’t anticipate it being as tasty as it was. I kept thinking it was way too delicious to be so “clean”. But really, eating cleaner doesn’t mean we have to sacrifice the taste. Some of my most favorite recipes are clean. And this one is no exception.
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
3-4 Anaheim peppers, cut in half and seeded
2 C. cooked, shredded chicken OR one rotisserie chicken, shredded
1/2 C. diced white onion
1 jalapeno pepper, diced
1/4 C. chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 C. plain Greek yogurt
6 TBSP buffalo sauce (like Frank’s Original)
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 TBSP lime juice
Salt & pepper, to taste
1 avocado, chopped (optional, used for topping)
- First let’s start by halving the peppers and removing the seeds. Before you do this though, bring a pot f water to a boil. Then toss in the halved peppers. They’ll only need to cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain the peppers and pat dry. Evenly spread out in a 9×13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together ALL of the remaining ingredients until combined.
- Stuff each of the peppers evenly with the chicken mixture and cook at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. If you like a softer pepper, cook just a little bit longer
- Top with chopped avocado and serve.
- The buffalo chicken mixture is great on it’s own, served in peppers, or even in a pita pocket. This is an extremely versatile recipe!
Simplify Your Teaching
Join our community for tips, tricks, and resources to help you simplify your teaching!