The easiest meals to prep and cook always tend to be my most favorite. Don’t get me wrong. I love to put a little elbow grease into my meals when I have extra time…the juice is almost always worth the squeeze when a few extra ingredients and a little extra time is required. But on nights when the kids have practice until late and I still want to get something hearty and and homemade on the table before bedtime, an easy to prep and cook wins every time.
This meal right here couldn’t be easier. Minimal prep time is involved which is always a bonus. In all honesty, I found this recipe and thought is might be a little bland so I’d have to tweak it and add a few things here and there, but I was SO very wrong. It’s delicious just as is!
Chicken Fajita Pasta
2 TBSP Olive oil
1 yellow onion, peeled and slice
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1 orange bell pepper, sliced
1lb. penne pasta, cooked
2 TBSP chicken fajita seasoning
1/2 C + 2 TBSP. heavy whipping cream
2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, return to pot, and set aside.
- Cube the chicken breasts and slice the veggies.
- Add 2 TBSP of olive oil to pan. Heat on med-hi heat and add cubed chicken.
- Add 1 TBSP chicken fajita seasoning, mix to coat, and simmer until chicken is mostly cooked through (app 8-10 minutes)
- Add sliced veggies to chicken mix. Cover pan/pot with lid.. Simmer until veggies are soft (appx 8-10 minutes)
- Remove veggies and chicken from heat and transfer to the pot with the pasta. Mix to combine.
- Add all the heavy cream + 1 TBSP of the chicken fajita seasoning. Stir to combine and cook on low until cream is heated through.
This is my personal favorite fajita seasoning. There may be better out there, but this one is always available in my area and I love the flavor it adds, so this is the one I like using 🙂
This would be excellent topped with a Mexican cheese blend, but we used shredded parmesan and it was amazing! Pico, avocado, and/or cilantro would be great toppings, too!!! But honestly, this dish truly stands on it’s own as is!!! Nothing extra needed!!
Easy and delicious. It doesn’t get any better than that!
Simplify Your Teaching
Join our community for tips, tricks, and resources to help you simplify your teaching!